If you've been reading my reports on the so-called "pig-cell" implant
surgery, you probably know
that it has been a year since the operation.  Indeed, this week marks the
first anniversary of the
procedure.

Yesterday I was in Boston with the medical team that's monitoring my
progress.  As usual, I was
tested twice.  Once, after not having any medication for fifteen hours, and
again, after taking a
normal dose.

The results of the examinations continue to indicate improvement in both the
"off" and the "on"
states.  I was able to complete most of the tasks fairly well even without
the medication.  And,
after taking the Sinemet, the repeated tests showed further enhancement.

My conclusion is that the implanted cells are starting to work on their own.
 PLEASE note,
however, that this is ONLY my opinion.  The medical professionals cannot
confirm or deny this.

However, some very interesting news was revealed to me this week.  Before I
share that with
you, though, a few words about the operation are in order.  The implantation
was a uni-lateral
(one-sided) procedure.  It was performed on the Right side of the brain in an
attempt to improve
the Left (weaker) side of my body.  Had the situation been reversed, a
uni-lateral (one-sided)
operation would have been done on the Left side of my brain to help the Right
side of the body.

Here is what apparently has happened.  Although I received a uni-lateral
(one-sided) implant, I
am seeing BI-LATERAL (both-sided) results!  Yes, I am amazed.

At this point I have little further information.  Is it an anomaly?  Will it
continue?  We just don't
kmow.

I continue to "feel better."  I know, that's not a very scientific term.  But
it's pretty important.  The
"offs" are not as deep as they once were and the dyskinesia, while very
annoying, is not as
disabling as before.

As always, I will continue to let you know what's going on.

For any of you who have not seen my previous reports, I can E-Mail a copy to
you.  Drop me a
note at   <[log in to unmask]>

Jim Finn