Chuck.....

I've  known of a few people who've  taken the liquid Sinamet, tho only know
one person  now who takes it.   She happens to be very disciplined and doesn't
abuse it.

I'll never forget a message that was posted here on the List some time ago
from the hubby of a woman whose life seemed to revolve around taking her
liquid Sinemet.   He watched her take more and more of it till there was
hardly  any time at all between doses.  Apparently it's very easy to take a
swig a little sooner than one's scheduled to.... and then to take another
swig..... and yet another.   And her PD symptoms got worse and worse the more
she liquid Sinemet she sipped.  Her hubby stressed how very addictive this
drug can be to us.

That said, I know a woman who is very disciplined and uses a timer to remind
herself when to take her liquid Sinemet.  I can't see where she's benefiting
from it, personally, 'cause she's had very bad dyskinesia whenever I've seen
her, but hey... her symptoms might be even worse without it.

I might add, I had the unique experience of watching this woman meditate for a
few moments while we were at a meeting recently in order to control her
dyskinesia which had gone wild, presumably because she was the speaker and was
getting an adrenaline rush.   I was amazed to see her "turn off" the
dyskinesia for a short while by meditation!

Barb Mallut