Barb M.,
        You're welcome. I miss Alan, too. I saved that post because my
neurologist had more or less dismissed what I was telling him, and as I said
attributed them to anxiety. That was BEFORE Alan's post. I didn't agree with
him, but at the same time I was not sleeping because of RLS, so he
prescribed Clonazepam, which he claimed would help both problems. According
to my drug book, Clonazepam is effective in controlling some types of petit
mal, akinetic and myoclonic seizures, and management of panic disorders. It
has helped but I still have internal tremors occasionally and many nights I
would like to be able to take my legs off and prop them against a wall so
the rest of me could sleep.
        I know what you are going through in your battle for benefits. My
first application for Canada Pension disability was turned down in July of
'96. I HAD to appeal, and am still filling out forms for the "dumbhead"
(thanks, I like that) bureaucrats. It does tend to make one cranky at times.
Hang in there...
Judith Richards