From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of Mary Legan
Sent:   Friday, September 12, 1997 8:46 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Internal shakiness

I'm glad this topic has been brought up, as I too have very much wanted an
explanation of this phenomenon.  I experienced this before my PD diagnosis,
when I described it to my neuro (who was treating me for migraines & insomnia)
as an "internal revving motor..........at that time I was taking a low dose of
Sinequon with Xanax......then the Xanax was replaced with Buspar (needless to
say, my "anxiety" didn't improve).  At that same time, I was experiencing hot
flashes, etc. because of menopausal hormonal fluctuations, which may or may
not be relevant.  When I then received the pd dx, I was started on Sinemet,
Paxil, & Trazadone (for sleep).  No further problems with internal shakiness
until several months ago.  At the time I was taking estrogen & progesterone, &
having severe daily migraines. Also, the internal revving was happening again,
& a difficulty which I don't remember having before - the need to breathe
deliberately & deeply.  After some ado, I discontinued the hormones ~6 wks
ago.  The migraines have shown moderate improvement, but the other symptoms
remain.  I'm hoping that soon whatever confounding effects the hormones have
contributed will be out of the picture.  It will make things much easier if
whatever symptoms remain can clearly be tied to the pd.  Perhaps one or more
of our list members can at least explain the internal shakiness, for my
benefit & for the others who experience this.
Explanations of the other issues I mentioned are also most welcome!     Mary
Legan 55/5+
<My mother  Joyce (68/6 months) changed doctors recently. She was taking
25/100 Sinemet 4.5x/day, .25 Permax 5x/day, 10 mg. Paxil 1x/day. Her new
doctor wanted to reduce the Sinemet a bit and start her on Eldepryl. This
required her getting off the Paxil. About 4 days ago, she stopped the Paxil
and started feeling shaky inside-a nervousness that wouldn't quit. She decided
today to continue the Paxil again (she hadn't started the Eldepryl) and felt
better. She suspects this internal shakiness/nervousness is a side effect of
the Permax. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had a similar sensation? Was it
related to a particular drug. Thanks.

Debbie White

--UPIMSRGSMTP01)_rDjmkpelJu)R)?xeNmTftYan-