On Mon 22 Sep, David Moreland wrote:
> At 06:09 PM 9/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >      Brian Collins....
Hello David, It's no big deal, but I want to register
 that I DID NOT write the message below!

> I tried liquid Sinemet for a few months. I filled a one liter bottle with
> grapefruit juice and then dropped 10 pills in. I drank aboue 100ccs at two
> hours. It worked pretty good until we went travelling. Then I started
> chewing my pills and following that with a drink of grapefruit juice. If I
> didn't have grapefruit juice I used Dr. Pepper. That is still my formula.
> It may not work for anyone else, but it works for me.
>
> My contribution to this debate was :-

That is an interesting point that you make Barb: I got very interested a
while ago when 'Liquid Sinemet' (Orange juice and Sinemet) was quite
fashionable. What I found was that 'LS' was undoubtedly the fastest thing
available in terms of elapsed time between taking a swig of 'LS' and feeling
some effect. However, the bad news seemed to be that the effect wore off
equally quickly, and the poor patient was up and down like a yo-yo. (I'm
talking about 1 hour from fully off to fully on and back to fully off,
with the patient only feeling on for about 20 to 30 minutes in the middle
of the cycle. Not a really ideal schedule, and I can see how a person could
get trapped into 'chasing their tail' trying to catch up.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>