Thanks for the many notes of encouragement after my dad's disappointing
neuro visit last week.

Just an up date... we went to the family physician - who still really thinks
my dad's problems stem from the Sinemet ... he conferred with the neuro
and they want to try to get my dad up to three full tabs of Sinemet a day
(25/100 i think )... then he was to go back to the neuro next Monday
and they would try the Mirapex. (Remember he didn't want to switch till my
dad was feeling better - but we all think he feels bad FROM the SINEMET !)

So we tried this - but when he was up to 3 he was terrible ! The nausea -
the nervousness - he couldn't sit still - like a cat on a hot tin roof !
Drove my mother nuts ! Plus he as weak - to tired to do anything - yet
too anxious to sit still !
Plus we had an out of town wedding to go to ...
In the commotion of the wedding my mother forgot to give him his third Sinemet
(it was also late by the time we got dinner) and she noticed that he did
much better that night - even managed to stay at the recpetion and talk to
other relatives... so she decided to play with the meds -
I'm not crazy about this - but from what I've read here most of you do this too.

So now she's giving him 2 Sinemet tabs - but 1/2 at a time 4 times a day ...
and he does seem a little better. We have this rating scale - every day when
I get home I ask him "what's today" - so yesterday he rated a 6.5 ... all last
week was probably 2-3 (negative numbers if he could !). We'll see what
happens today.

Monday he goes and get the Mirapex and we're just not going to say anything
about the dosing change ... hopefully he'll be able to cut the Sinemet some
more. We don't understand why the neuro wanted to increase the Sinemet before
cutting it ... actually I don't think he wants to cut it - but again most
of you have cut it .... I'm not sure how much he knows about Mirapex -
you guys probably know more !

Then there is always ReQuip - our neuro seemed to know more about that -
so there is always hope.

BTW - anyone know of an address to mail donations for the NY- walk ?

have a good day

Donna
(daughter of PD dad 74/6months)

(ps to J. Weary - I will call you soon - this is my work # and its been a crazy week)

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000