Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:53:23 +0200
To: Camilla Flintermann <[log in to unmask]>
From: Arjen Kamphuis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Pallidotomy is done.
Hi Camilla,
I went by the hospital today to visit my mother Ida Kamphuis after her
pallidotomy. What follows is ashort message from her to everybody on the
parkinsonlist. Could you send it to the list? (I'n not subscibed and don't
want to because I already receive a lot of messages per day). Many thanks.
I will be downloading Ida's mail to my laptop the next few days and visit
her after work so she can get her daily dosis of mail in the hospital. Any
mail sent to the list will reach her within a day or so.

--------------------------
Hi Camilla,

Today I had my pallidotomy and all has gone well. I still have the ablity
to talk normally. surgery itself was bearable. I am still in the hopital
and my son Arjen took his IBM notebook when visiting. So I can communicate.

Regards,
Ida Kamphuis

---------------------------

She's still a bit tired and groggy from the whole thing, we hope she'll be
home again on saturday. OK, more tomorrow, I'll keep you informed.

The parkinson list has made her life a lot happier the last 12 months, on
behalf of our entire family I want to thank you for all you have done for her.
We are greatly in your debt.

Any messages you might want to send to my mother should be directed to her
regular mail-address
                        mailto:[log in to unmask]

                   (I will intercept them tomorrow morning)

I can be reached personally at

                        mailto:[log in to unmask]

I wish all of you the very best,
Warm Regards,

Arjen

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
     Arjen Kamphuis | Success:
[log in to unmask] | To laugh often and much, to win the respect of
                      intelligent people and the affection of children,
                      to earn the appreciation of honest critics and
                      endure the betrayal of false friends, to
                      appreciate beauty, to find the best in
                      others, to leave the world a bit better whether
                      by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed
                      social condition, to know even one life has
                      breathed easier because you have lived...
                                         This is to have succeeded.