Nigel-

I think you are asking exactly the right question.  I had considered a
palidotomy several years ago.  I was told that it would make me
ineligible for other research procedures.  Since then I haVE BEEN A
PARTICIPANT IN AN eTACAPONE STUDY AND A FETAL TRANSPLANT STUDY.  I made
the decision about the palidotomy because some adjustment of my meds at
the time made me relatively functional.  I am 52 so your caution makes
even more sense.  If your symptoms are significantly disabling and
cannot be significantly improved with a med change,  then I would go
with the pallidotomy,  but if you can waif without sacraficing quality
of present if too much I think you would be wise to wait,

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
Middleton, WI