Ivan,  with all the talk of these two ops Im quite surprised but grateful
that you asked the question...which one etc etc....

If no one else answers, maybe my imput will be of some help to you.

Before my Pallidotomy,  my main PD complaint was the horendous (sp) toe and
foot cramping.  It started only on my rite side and within 6 months it
started on the left.  Eventually they were BOTH cramping AT THE SAME
TIME.....those of you who know this first hand would kill just to stop the
pain.

Drs. Lang and Lozano of Toronto Western were consulted and both agreed that
it would be a long push if the cramping stopped but since the rite side was
worse I had no choice but to 'try" this serious op.  This op is not intended
for this sole purpose.  THEY WERE REALLY NOT PROMISING ME ANY HELP.  Sure
enough,  after going into the op room in total cramp and foot distortion,
  rite on the op table and immediately after the procedure was done...the
cramping eased to only resting and residual pain.

THAT WAS IN MARCH 96 AND THE CRAMPING ON   BOTH    SIDE HAS NEVER RETURNED.
  It does at times feel like it wants to but it never gets past that point.

The only other benefit for me....was being able to cut my meds  (25/100 down
to 10/100,   CR  and PERMAX.

I had no other major PD "complaints"   but I still do have trouble walking
unassisted,  balance is almost gone and my voice volume has gotten softer.

SPEAKING ONLY FOR ME...I FELT I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE THE CHANCE.

Good luck in your decision

Joyce