Dear Friends,

I know what pallidotomy and pallidal stimulation are supposed to do. They are
used to shut off the receptors that are misfiring because of the lack of
dopamine there to transmit the signals.
What about dopamine agonist such as mirapex, permax, and parlodel. I have
heard that they are supposed to "Stimulate" the receptors. Is this the same
kind of stimulation provided by the pallidal stimulation. If it is, then I
need to get off mirapex, because the pallidus is where I have the damage.
In other words, I need to turn the receptors on, instead of shutting them
down.

Jacob