Betty, you write:

> I know he must be
>terribly depressed and angry by what is happening to him, but it seems that
>his anger is always directed at me.  It's almost as though he blames me for
>what has happened to him.  Is this all part of what we have to deal with
>now?/

Some PWP get like that - angry about everything and taking it out on the
person closest to them.   But it's not OKAY for him to do that, and it's not
necessarily a part of PD. You're right in noticing that it's a sign of
undermedication and depression.  It sounds like there's also a component of
paranoia there.  Does he have hallucinations?  How is his mental status
otherwise?

Some PWP profit from Clozaril, especially for hallucinations.  It seems some
others do well with an Alzheimer's drug, Aricept.  Can you ask you doctor
about those drugs?  Of course, if he refuses to take his Sinemet, then I'm
not sure how you'd get him to take other drugs.  And perhaps if he took his
Sinemet as needed, he wouldn't need the others.

Are you on the CARE list?  It would be a good forum for you to ask other
caregivers about their experiences with this.  And remember, you as a
caregiver have rights, too.  Among them, the right to be treated courteously
and with respect.

Does your husband realize that he may end up making it impossible for you to
continue to care for him at home?  How does he feel about being in a nursing
home?

The best of luck to you.  Margie Swindler     [log in to unmask]