It is my understanding - after participating in a weekend-long training
session provided by the Medtronics company - that adjustments within the
first six months are very much expected.  The required frequency of
those adjustments are as individualized as are patients.  These
adjustments are needed as the brain "heals" and reacts to the new
foreign object that has been implanted (ie - swelling reduces, etc).  An
optimal setting or programming identified the day after surgery may no
longer be ideal after one month, or three months post-op.  This is when
the adjustments need to occur.  Carole