Hello all listmembers,
Thanks to all those who did send me best wishes and so on. It really helped and
now the results:

MY Pallidotomy

I am home again and fine. I have slept the two last nights in the hospital very
well and am not awakened, as happened every night during the last years, by
muscle pains. It felt like a great relief when he surgerie was done. I was
during the night before rather nervous. But it was not really that bad. I
suppose I have often had some dental treatments who were more disagreable. The
whole proceeding was finished in 2 and a half hour. And all that time three
neuro surgeons scrutinized me and talked to me.After a very light breakfast I
was brought in my bed to the surgery room. I did have my last meds more than 12
hours before, so I was stiff and had a tremor in my left side, but I was not
dyskinetic. They put me on the treatment table and started to give local
anesthesia on the places were the frame had to be screwed. That was not
painful, but the framework being so tight didn't feel nice either. Than there
was a little waiting because the anaesthesia had to do more work before the
hole could be drilled. The drilling of the hole was the worst and I must say it
was the first time i was glad having dental prothesis because it felt like all
my (virtual)amalgam fillings were drilled from my ( non less virtual dents ).
The surgeon who did the drilling was communicating verballty too. At moments
like these it really helps. people saying now we are half way and yes it is
nearly done, just one moment than it is over. THe next step was bringing some
contrasting liquid into the ventricels and than the rontgenologist had to come
to take a picture. after some waiting he came. wHen he picture was ready they
all were going to another room to do some math or arithmetic. Two nurses stayed
with me and talked. I suffered from a very dry mouth and they gave me a piece
of wet gauze between ny lips, after they were back one of the surgeons took
care of this.  Soon the surgeons came back and the blanket had to be taken off
me so they could see my whole body and tey put their hands on my legs and arms
because that way they could detetect any movement better. And than the testing
started. They asked wether I saw lIght flashes , but I did not see, but my legs
reacted by movements which I knew as forerunner of dyskinesia. They asked me to
count from 1 to 10 just to see if my voice was normal. And there was a moment
one part of y face was vey stiff and I could hardly talk, but that disappeared
completely.  Then on a moment that I did not expect that yet, they said now we
are ready. Only the stitching had to be done. THe Scar I now have is not a
hole, bur a cut in the skin, well stitched. IN public i'll be wearing a
buautifull silk shawll. which I bought some years ago for this already.I have
been without any dyskinesia till now and slept better than in the last years.
The surgeons said too al had gone well they had known during the whole
procedure exactly what they were doing. I realized my speech was not slow or
slurring or too soft.
The impression this surgical equip made on me was conscientious. professional
and nice,really doing what they could to diminish suffering. I am sure that if
it turns out i'll have to let the other side been done I"ll looking forward to
that not with pleasure but lighter than i did the first time.