Since I am also a person with parkinsons and suffer with migraines as well, I
am very interested in pulling something together on this.  I notice that the
personality traits listed various places for both of these conditions are
similar.  I suspect brain chemistry has something to do with that.  Are any
of you out there who may be familiar with the chemistry of both willing to
take some guesses as to what the chemical similarities might be, if any?  Are
there any others of you who experience both?         Mary Legan 55/5

<<Hi -
   I started having migraines about ten years before PD was diagnosed, and
they have continued--in fact, they have become more frequent and more
difficult to treat with age.  I take Imitrex and that usually takes care of
it for a few hours, but then it comes yelling back.  I don't have any
numbness that I am aware of.  I am suspicious of a connection between PD &
migraines.  I read some recent research that stated that people who get
migraines have a hyper-sensitive dopamine receptor #5.  I haven't found any
suggestions as to what can be done about that.  I have been on Eldepryl for
the eight years I have had PD, but recently stopped taking it to try
Amantadine (didn't work), and now Mirapex.  My headaches are getting worse
with Mirapex.  Here's hoping we will find something that will help both.
Joan (56/8/Mirapex)