Kees,  I don't know why everyone thinks they are a counselor, most folks have
enough trouble managing their own lives!  You are an adult, no one else can
live inside your head, or should try. I am sure if you made the decision to
end the marriage, it was with a great deal of thought. You are certainly an
intelligent person.
If you changed your mind later,  you could always go back.  I have what I
call a miracle marriage, I can't believe it has lasted almost 26 years, so
far, and we have never attempted to strangle each other. I am stubborn, and
NEVER wrong, and she is stubborn and NEVER right,  and I am sure she would
say exactly the opposite!
I say that with humor, but it is too close to the truth!  We never go to bed
angry, sometimes I stay awake for days! :-)  In all seriousness, I wish you
happiness and
contentment. You are a giver, you try to help others, so you should be helped
in return. Ken B