Art, you made a very good condensation of the facts in Ivan's troubles with
the NPF, and even a great suggestion of how they might compensate him. The
only problem you did not address, is that when  most individuals or
organizations, feel they may be sued, they pull their heads into their shells
like a turtle!  They figure that making an apology, or even acknowledging
fault, will just cost them more, if and when it goes to court.  IF ONLY we
could all be more civil toward each other without having to worry about the
cost  in dollars and cents.  I don't hate lawyers, my wife works for one who
is truly a fine human being. However,  when they go to trial, no one pays
them to LOSE!!! I admire Ivan for being able to get beyond the whole thing
and go on with his life. He will be rewarded by having more time to pursue
the "fun" things in life. Ken B