Bonnie, I have a few suggestions. 1Put handrails between bedroom and bathroom
2.  Good air conditioning and heat outlets that can be easily adjusted for
the direction and volume of air. 3.  Non slip floors in bathroom, shower
stall, tub, etc.  4 good lighting controlled by either end of each corridor,
or hallway.  5 Wide doors to accomodate wheelchair, if necessary, and enough
room to turn wheelchair in bath, or getting into the bath.  6 Small
refrigerator for medications or juices, etc.  7 Intercom to be able to hear
 calls for help. 7 Soft well padded carpet to cushion falls. 8.,  window with
a pleasant view. 9 soundproofing, so loud noises don't intrude during sleep
times.  10 Connection for TV cable or antenna, for good reception. 11
stainmaster, or equivalnet carpeting. Washable paint on walls, doors, and
frames.
12 smoke detectors. 13 Extra electrical outlets and enough power  for medical
devices. 14 Ceiling fan, or portable fan.15 SPeakerphone, preferably with
built-in answering machine. 16 Humidifier, or dehudifier, as needed. 17 extra
storage for medical supplies, devices. 18  Smooth edges and corners on all
furniture, to avoid injuries in case of a fall. 19.Private entrance to
outside.   20 Desk for computer, or to do paperwork. 21 Built-in Jacuzzi, or
comparable water massage device in tub, or at least a flexible shower spray
attachment.  22. reinforced ceiling to attach medical devices, like a trapeze
to exercise or pull up patient in bed.  23 A no-smoking sign.
Well lit closets and storage areas, with light that is only on when closet is
opened.  P.S . A place for an aid or nurse to sleep.  Hope these help, I did
some of them in my father's place.  Ken B