Need help.  Since increasing Mirapex from .75mg daily (.25 3X/day) to that
all-important (we are told) 1.5mg daily therapeutic level, Jim has been
feeling "wave after wave"  of feelings of faintness, weakness, numb feet,
sometimes dizziness or blurred vision.  Sometimes these "waves" ease off
some, sometimes they continue right up til the next dose.  Often he will
split the full dose (.5mg) and take .25mg a couple of hours apart instead
of together, for fear of bringing on these uncomfortable feelings.

The Question: Are these side effects that will go away in time (how long?)
if we just stick with it? Is it possible that he really doesn't need the
1.5mg daily at this early stage in his disease?  His symptoms (tremor,
mostly) are not too bad with the lower dosage, we found during these past
weeks of titration; what about using the lower dosage as our regular dosage
for the time being?  Is there some "magic" about this 1.5mg that we HAVE to
reach it? (He weaned off his low dosage Sinemet after about a week on
Mirapex, and now only takes Eldepryl once a day plus various heart meds and
propulsid.)  Should we continue to try to reach that 1.5mg plateau to
completely eliminate tremor, if possible, or stay at .75mg with a little
tremor, until it gets worse?    Charlie? Brian? Jerry? Anyone?

Emily Jackson, CG Jim 69/1+
Emily Jackson