I know of a man named "John" who is newly diagnosed. His Neuro has told him
thay he has 15 years to live and should probably stop working soon. I
recently called him and encouraged him to attend the Parkinson's symposium
in Portland two weeks ago. He went to the symposium and became very
discouraged by it. He has his house for sale. It seems like he is
withdrawing from society. I became aware of him through his sister-in-law
who is a friend of mine. She wants to help him and I want to help him. But
I don't know how. I feel like if I call him again it will seem like I am
pushing. I think his Neuro is giving him some bad information and is
stressing the negative. Granted PD has a lot to hate but we have to get on
with life as best we can. We can't dwell on the negatives.

Could some of you give me some ideas of how I could help "John". I am 54/10
and am still working. I am not planing to quit soon. I want to tell "John"
there is life after diagnosis but I don't want to cram it down his throat.

Like sawdust in a cyclone,
so are the thoughts of woodworkers.

David L. Moreland

http://www.teleport.com/~davelm