Nigel

I spoke about  tis problem with the neurologists of the university hospial of
Amsterdam. They unanimousley said the posiblity of being really cured from
Parkinson seemed yet far away. That is why they did the pallidotomy without
hesitation. They too said the alectonic inplants are not without risk of
damage.Beides to have an inplanted elevrtode heightens the possibility to have
an infection in ones brain brcause the blood rain barrier, which protects the
brain against bacterias id destroyed for one small place.
I felt it was gambling to take the pallidotomy, but the fact that neuro's, who
were so carefull wanted to do it helped me to believe it could not be
irresponsible. I had before I decided the same doubts as you have. For me
thinking that not doing something has it risks too, the risk of spoiling a
period of ife without necessity, which can be regretted later in life.My
husband and I are both strong and healthy, so we can think about doing some
travelling again, wch I would appreciate very much. wanting to do that yet,it
seems unwise to weight too long, because rowing older risks of loosig
anoherpart of ones health grow. And to enjoy really the travelling and for not
feeling all the time deadly tired, in my opinion one should take the chances
that one has. I think we can not completely avoid a bit of gambling. IN fact
the haevy dyskinesias which I suffered and which are now gone made me very
house bound and being nearly always at home is less stimulating and motivating
to keep a cetain level of activities. I feel much better in new and interesting
places, were I keep moving and because of that the meds do their work better.
I understand fully that everyone has to weigh this things for him\herself.

                                             Ida Kamphuis