Thre have been many wonderfully upbeat posts on this list--wish your
friend "John" could read them!Maybe you can share some with him? But
it sounds as though his neuro"did  a number on him", which is criminal!
Who knows how long anyone has to live, anyway?  It also sounds as if he is
dealing with the shock and lackof acceptance that is normal in one newly
dx'd. Can you gentlyassure him that his fear, anger, frustration are normal
and will yield somewhat as he learns more about PD and his prospects. He
is also probably depressed, and I wonder if he's getting any help with that?
You are a good rolemodel for him, too, and he's lucky to have your support.
Tell him aboutthe Udall bill, the constant new research, new meds, etc. to
show him there's light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 79/8, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"