Hello Jim,  thanks for sending your 'Anniversity newsletter' - I'm
delighted to hear of your continuing impfovement. There is one point that
I would like to clarify, and that is where you  said something like "the
offs are not so bad, and the dyskinesias are not so disabling as before."
Does this mean that you still get offs and dyskinesias, or are you referring
to the tests where you deliberately provoke them.?

I assume that you still take Sinemet - have you been able to back off on the
amount of Sinemet that you take?

I have been trying to get into a research program run jointly by our Health
Service and a Swedish team ( The surgery is done in Sweden) This is for a
fetal cell transplant (not as adventurous as yours i'm afraid). I had to go
through a lot of questions and tests, with the result thatthey said that I
was on a short list of 6 people. The bad news is that they are only
planning to do 2 operations next year, so I have a 1 in 3 chance of selection.
They said it is like the astronaut program - everyone is qualified, but only
two will get to the moon! Still, I feel that I owe it to myself to keep
trying. I'll keep you posted.
Regards, Brian.
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>