Alan,  read your end august message with the above title with great interest.

Last summer (96) I had great bouts of edema and was forced to seek an
internist while on vacation in Spain.

Knowing few details of PD he understood my problem and referred to reference
manuals and even called a Pharmacist for confirmation.... in the end  he was
wonderful.

A simple perscription of a 40mg water pill  EVERY DAY for 30 days brought my
edema under control without the 'mandatory' cramping that might accompany the
water pills.  Naturally  POTASSIUM is taken every time to offset the natural
loss,

Now I take one every three days under the approved eye of my neuro.

I am looking forward to weaning off the Permax,  maybe that will help me
also.

Joyce