From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Dennis Greene
Sent:   Sunday, September 21, 1997 9:18 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        dyskinesia and meditation

Barbara

You wrote:

> I might add, I had the unique experience of watching this woman meditate
for a
> few moments while we were at a meeting recently in order to control her
> dyskinesia which had gone wild, presumably because she was the speaker
and was
> getting an adrenaline rush.   I was amazed to see her "turn off" the
> dyskinesia for a short while by meditation!

I have a friend who suffers from the worst dyskinesia I have seen.  He too
can turn it off with meditation.  Unfortunatly the effect lasts only while
he
meditates which makes it impractical for anything other than spending
some time without the symptoms.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/