Irene, just catching up on all the mail.   I have basically what you describe
with your feet and legs.

I had a Palladotomy in early 96 to relieve the toe and foot cramping which
was the ultimate pain.   In fact both feet were cramping at the same time.

The "P" helped   no more cramping but now I do have symptoms that feel like
the blood is rushing in my toes,  my feet go to sleep,   they paid
occassionally and most of the time my legs are too heavy to let me walk.

The reason for this message to you is to say that I have had very good
success in minimizing these symptoms by taking a prescribed relaxant.
 Actually,  I alternate (so as not to become too dependent on either
one>>>ATIVAN & ELAVIL  with the former working faster (30-45) minutes.   It
really helps to bring my anxieties down to a bearable level.

Ask your neuro about it.

Joyce