On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, jim and emily jackson wrote:

> Need help.  Since increasing Mirapex from .75mg daily (.25 3X/day) to that
> all-important (we are told) 1.5mg daily therapeutic level, Jim has been
> feeling "wave after wave"  of feelings of faintness, weakness, numb feet,
> sometimes dizziness or blurred vision.  Sometimes these "waves" ease off
>
> weeks of titration; what about using the lower dosage as our regular dosage
> for the time being?  Is there some "magic" about this 1.5mg that we HAVE to
> reach it? (He weaned off his low dosage Sinemet after about a week on

Emily, Hi.  Where did you get the information that 1.5 is the therapeutic
or magic level for Mirapex.  For each one of us PWP the level is different
and can change over time.  "The Patients Guide to Taking Mirapex Tablets"
issued by  Pharmacia & Upjohn lists 1.5 mg for week three as the suggested
dosage.  I, for example, am in my tenth week of using Mirapex and am at
3.5 mg daily.  I have seen considerable improvement in my symptoms and as
a result have cut back my sinemet by 25%.

  Sid Roberts   67/dx3
  [log in to unmask]       Youngstown, Ohio