Rich Mullins,contemporary christian singer/ songwriter was killed early
Friday morning in a single car accident. He was on his way to a youth
meeting to do a concert.

His songs have warmed the hearts of many people of faith. Lately, he has
been spending his time teaching music on a Navajo Reservation in new
Mexico. He felt it was his calling to work with this "religeous" people and
show them God. He was working with the American Bible Society to translate
the New Testament in the navajo language.

"If I Stand"

There's more that rises in the morning than the sun
More that shines in the night than the moon
There's more than just this fire here that keeos me warm.
In a shelter that is larger than than this room
There's a loyalty that's deeper than mere sentiment
A music higher than the songs that I can sing
the stuff of earth competes for allegience
I owe only to the giver of all good things.

So is I stand let me stand on the promise
That you will pull me through
An if I can't let me fall on the grace
That first brought me to you
If I sing let me sing for the joy
That has born in me these songs
But if I weep let it be as a man who is longing for his home.

                                --Rich Mullins

Yours and His
David L. Moreland
http://www.teleport.com/~davelm