From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Brian Collins
Sent:   Sunday, September 21, 1997 7:59 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: for Michael/Barbara

On Sun 21 Sep, Barbara Mallut wrote:
> Chuck.....
>
> I'll never forget a message that was posted here on the List some time ago
> from the hubby of a woman whose life seemed to revolve around taking her
> liquid Sinemet.   He watched her take more and more of it till there was
> hardly  any time at all between doses.  Apparently it's very easy to take a
> swig a little sooner than one's scheduled to.... and then to take another
> swig..... and yet another.   And her PD symptoms got worse and worse the
more
> she liquid Sinemet she sipped.  Her hubby stressed how very addictive this
> drug can be to us.

For Barbara Mallut.

That is an interesting point that you make Barb: I got very interested a
while ago when 'Liquid Sinemet' (Orange juice and Sinemet) was quite
fashionable. What I found was that 'LS' was undoubtedly the fastest thing
available in terms of elapsed time between taking a swig of 'LS' and feeling
some effect. However, the bad news seemed to be that the effect wore off
equally quickly, and the poor patient was up and down like a yo-yo. (I'm
talking about 1 hour from fully off to fully on and back to fully off,
with the patient only feeling on for about 20 to 30 minutes in the middle
of the cycle. Not a really ideal schedule, and I can see how a person could
get trapped into 'chasing their tail' trying to catch up.
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>