<< n Sun 21 Sep, Barbara Mallut wrote:
 > Chuck.....
 >
 > I'll never forget a message that was posted here on the List some time ago
 > from the hubby of a woman whose life seemed to revolve around taking her
 > liquid Sinemet.   He watched her take more and more of it till there was
 > hardly  any time at all between doses.  Apparently it's very easy to take
 > swig a little sooner than one's scheduled to.... and then to take another
 > swig..... and yet another.   And her PD symptoms got worse and worse the
 more
 > she liquid Sinemet she sipped.  Her hubby stressed how very addictive this
 > drug can be to us.

Here's another point of view from  a patient now in her 33rd year of
parkinsons.  Three years ago her dosage of sinemet had reached a point where
she had a violent dyskenias reaction whenever she took her medicationl. The
Movement Disorder Center at the University of Souther Florida, where we
visited occasionally, suggested the liquid approach which this patient has
been on now for three years, with very little problems, other than
occasionally missing an hourly dose.  Her body pretty much tells her when
each hour rolls around, as it approaches near rigidity. And when that
rigidity nears, you can understand the need for medication which we hardly
would compare to alcohol addiction. Suffice it to say that the liquid
approach is worth trying if one is having severe ups and downs from  regular
medication.  (It has helped this patient to smooth out responses... and
sinemet cr, which was tried, never worked as well.)