Update on Nancy,

Nancy's recovery from back surgery continues to progress nicely. There
have been no unforeseen consequences and no real problems. She is mobil
and is walking around the house and outside a bit now. We visited with
congressman Tom Delay (Udall bill) on Friday and went to church this
morning for the first time since the surgery. She is still taking pain
meds but not as often. The incisions look good and her torso is not
leaning to the left nearly as bad as it was.

She is stooped forward quite a bit, perhaps more than before the surgery
. This is a source of tension between us right now. I think a good bit
of it is because she is so afraid of falling backwards during the
healing period. Because of this fear she is stooped forward. She on the
other hand says the PD is causing it. We probably won't know for a month
or so until she gets  some physical therapy.

Mirapex update

We are now up to 3 mg per day. There have been no obvious side effects.
There has been no reduction in Sinemet. Her off periods are still severe
and are not getting any shorter. Yesterday she did say there was a brief
period where she felt like she didn't have PD. Its been a long time
since she has uttered words like that. Unfortunately it was very brief.
But it gave us both something to hope for.

All in all we are doing well and are basically in wait and see mode.
Thursday we will get an official update based on X-Rays and a vist with
the Neurosurgeon.

Regards,
Bob & Nancy Martone

--