Bob writes:

>She is stooped forward quite a bit, perhaps more than before the surgery
>. This is a source of tension between us right now. I think a good bit
>of it is because she is so afraid of falling backwards during the
>healing period. Because of this fear she is stooped forward. She on the
>other hand says the PD is causing it. We probably won't know for a month
>or so until she gets  some physical therapy.

Bob and Nancy,

I'm glad to hear of a successful recovery! I zeroed in on your comments
about posture because I just had a similar discussion with MY husband on the
way home from church. Since starting Mirapex I also feel as if I am stooped
forward more, in fact the area at the base of my neck in back is so sore
that I'd almost identify it as my most troublesome symptom. I make a
conscious effort to hold my head erect, neck straight, but it is too
difficult to maintain the vigilance necessary for this, and I find myself
stooped over again.

I have been able to reduce my sinemet, and am only using  1.75/  mgs of
Mirapex right now, but am wondering if the postural problem is related to
the Mirapex. Based on Dr. Montgomery's paper that I shared last week, I have
begun to increase the Mirapex dosage, but as yet haven't experienced any
additional relief.

My question is: are any other Mirapex users having postural difficulty? It
wasn't listed as a side effect of the drug. I have suspected it results from
the reduction of sinemet, but you say Nancy hasn't reduced hers. I guess I'm
stretching here, but I sure am uncomfortable, and very motivated to identify
the problem.

Kathie Tollifson
 47/9