September 27, 1997

To all participants and supporters of the Parkinson's Unity Walk.

Parkinson's Disease and Parkinson's Syndrome represent a challenge, not
only to those who live with its symptoms but to every friend, family member
and medical professional concerned with the care of those affected.  It is
an affliction that knows no class, race, religion or gender.

Parkinson's cruelly robs many of their most precious years;  but it also
presents opportunities.  Today's Walk is an opportunity to express support
for those who live with Parkinson's and to support those who search for a
cure.  It is an opportunity to stand united along side those, like myself,
who could not be present today but who applaud your efforts, contributions
and perseverance in the fight against our common adversary.

Keep the faith.  We are making progress in the fight, progress that is due,
in large part, to organizations around the country like the Parkinson's
Unity Walk.  Every step we take brings us closer to funding the research
that will find our cure.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Ali