Shannon, thanks for your input.  It's hard to believe how helpful a little
information feels.

My mother's thinking is pretty clear, tho' I'm noticing a lot more near-term
memory lapses.  She's a little depressed and has been on relatively hi dose
of prozac for over a year.  All of that seems appropriate/normal response to
limitations and stress.  I've read stress can trigger PD-related
deterioration too.

Mom's pretty resistant to a wheelchair, but I think more information might
sway her too.  I tend to interpret her quietness as passivity but she often
sets me straight.

Speaking of information, can anyone enlighten me on these wheelchair
transfers?  Is some kind of bed/toilet rail necessary to hold onto/pull with?
 I don't know about her upper body strength, she's losing so much weight.

Thanks.

emily (cg/Mom, 76, 2 months) [log in to unmask]