I am Wallace Teal.  I was a caregiver until three months ago.  On June 25th
I lost my wife, Janet Johnston, who passed away suddenly, in her sleep.
Janet was diagnosed at age 49 just four years ago.  She had a bilateral
pallidotomy (Dr. Iacono) two years ago which relieved her rigidity and pain.
Although her pain and rigidity did not return, she gradually lost mobility
after one year.
My question is: Has anybody heard the expression Parkinson's Sudden Death
Syndrome?  While Janet required a lot of care because of her lack of
mobility, she was not sick in the sense of any immediate danger.  I am
devastated by this loss and am trying to cope with it and  understand it.
Wallace Teal