<<  that prolonged use of levodopa "can lead to severe motor fluctuations" ?

Motor  fluctuations are just what I was trying to describe with 'kicking in'
and 'kicking off', meaning that one can be almost normal in physical
performance, and then the freeze comes on.  When ingestion of the next dose
is processed by the system and the drug reaches the active sites of the
brain, the drug is 'kicking in'  again. Our neuro suggested that the
intensity of the fluctuations (the levels of the highs and the lows might be
reduced with amantidine (Symmetrel).
Apparently each muscle of the body is slowed down by the disease and is
dependant upon the level of L-dopa active in the brain.
Michel Margosis