Hello everyone,

My name is Kathy and I have recently joined the list.  I was surprised wh=
en
I checked my e-mail =

and saw 50 messages within several hours.  =

My dad is 74 and was diagnosed with PD about 5 years ago.  He recently ha=
a major setback =

when I took him to a neurologist who was referred to me by the PDF.  The
doctor kept decreasing
his medication and changing the dosages around.  Finally my dad got to th=
point where he could =

no longer function without a family member around to help.  It killed me =
see him in that condition,
especially since it all happened within two weeks or so.

Fortunately, he is doing a lot better now since I have taken him to anoth=
er
doctor.  He is currently taking =

Sinemet CR 50/200, (2 1/2 tabs daily).  I know that there are new
medications available but when I =

mentioned this to the doctor, he said that Sinemet is the "Golden Standar=
d"
=2E  I still think that there is =

room for  improvement in my dad's condition.  Maybe I should try a third
Neuro?

I am also interested in finding out about support groups in my area
(Queens, NY).  I should probably
call the PDF.  If anyone knows of any in this area, I'd appreciate the
info.  Thanks for listening!

-- Kathy --
  e-mail:  [log in to unmask]