We recently returned from New Mexico where we were looking for a possible
site to build.  In the course of speaking with builders who (all of which
build custom homes)
it was mentioned that a recent home was built with

              all the kitchen cabinet working area was lowered to wheelchair
access hight.
              the upper storage area built normally was incorporated within
the design of the kitchen/dinnette area on lower levels but not seemingly out
of place
              the area under the kitchen and bathroom sinks were constructed
so that there was "drive in" area for the wheelchair.  The piping was
adjusted accordingly so as not to be readily seen.
              All pantry draws were on slides.
              In New Mexico,  the floors are mostly mosaic or ceramic tiles.
  There is a way to lay them so that there is a smooth surface rather than
1/4" wide with grout.
This makes for smoother riding.   (While laying tile) you might consider a
point spoken over and over again here about a checkerboard effect about 18"
tiles to fake the visual system and make it easier to step easier (if thats
as problem)
              Of course,  ramps wherever possible and 36" doorframes.
There are many articles now threading here with many many ideas.

Good luck

Joyce