Don, try to stay calm and don't let things upset you so much.  I know you
have a lot to handle, you do very well with what you have been given. I am
sorry Vivian is having heart problems, but every day they improve treatment
for heart problems, I hope she gets the best treatment and a full recovery.
 The dog has probably had a good life and been a good friend,  maybe he can
be helped too, if not, he at least does not worry about the future, and will
be sleeping peacefully in "dog heaven". Only us humans spend our best years
worrying about how our final years will be, and trying to control what we
cannot.  You are used to being active, so just keep being as active as you
can, just don't overdo and hurt yourself, you can always get back to a
project the next day, when you are in a better frame of mind! My email
address is [log in to unmask], always feel free to leave email, you are my
inspiration many days. I figure if you can build a patio, or drag yourself up
a flight of stairs, I can do my job without complaining, or get out of bed
when I would rather sleep and call in sick!