George L...

First of all, George... it's sure nice "seeing" ya back on the List again.
Been a while and I missed ya (as did others!).

I believe you'll find that each individual PD support group is as unique as
each individual WTH Parkinson's.   And I believe you'll find that each
individual having PD and/or their caregivers get a different experience in
attending a PD support group.

After all....initially, when we come together as people having Parkinson's
Disease, usually THAT'S the only thing we have in common.  Some folks show up
religiously at every meeting, and others have spotty attendance.  Some
actively participate and others are "just there." (which doesn't mean they get
nothing form the meeting or the group.... They just get their input in their
own manner).   Some treat a support group meeting as a social function and
others take it as deadly serious (much as we do here on the List, huh?)
In other words, George, it's a personal experience, within a group experience.

IF you're looking to create a video involving a PWP, why not do a "Year in the
Life of a Person With Parkinson's Disease?"  This could even be a composite of
several Parkies lives as we DO share some common experiences, tho not all.

For instance... there's the search for a diagnosis when we've known for some
time that SOMETHING has gone askew in our body.   So far, the internist,
rheumy, orthopedist, chiropractor, and aroma therapist (OK.. ok... we had our
doubts going in, but it was painless, and we were getting kinda desperate for
SOMEONE to do SOMETHING to help us) we've gone to has said they couldn't find
anything wrong with us other than that stiff arm and nearly immobile
fingers... and while it COULD be Parkinson's Disease, we're much too young to
have THAT... And it's back to square one.

There's as many stories and experiences as there are people with Parkinson's
and I think a video of a "Year In the Day of...." would be interesting.

Food for thought, m'friend...

Barb Mallut

--------