Hi.
My name is Heather. I just learned for the first time yesterday that my dad
has Parkinson's at 48. I am currently a nursing student. He was just
diagnosed in June.

Maybe it's just me clinging at straws or my own naivete', but is
Paliodotomy everything they say it is . . . relief of "90% of signs in 90%
of patients"? Of course, I WANT to believe this . . .

He's got two small children and a wife. They say surgery is not covered by
insurance because it's still experimental? How much does it cost . . .
anyone know? How about raising money for the surgery - anyone know anything
about that?

I want to think that he SHOULD get the surgery now while he is still
relatively healthy, cognitive and semi-ambulatory? Again, maybe it's just
me looking for a quick resolution - fat chance. I'd like to see him live
another 35 productive years. To me, it seems like an inevitable step if he
wants to actually make it that long? He has only slight tremors, he is
obviously bradykinesic. Am I off base? Should he really wait until it's all
he has left?

Heather