Clara, please don't take offense at my blaming hormones for a bad situation,
 I would RATHER think Michael's wife is an innocent victim of a medical
condition, then just being a bad person!   My wife and my daughter have two
definite personalities, depending on their hormone levels. YES, men have
changes in middle age, due to hormone levels, I have been taking DHEA, and I
feel like I am being helped with MY hormonal changes. I have not done any
"middle age crazy" stuff..yet.....I also do not think a man OR a woman has to
be out of control, or have hormone problems, if they are just tired of a
spouse, or stressed out by life's problems which appear to be related to
being married.  Ken B