From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of cln
Sent:   Sunday, September 28, 1997 10:30 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Meds 4 migraine headaches

Hi Mary & all!

Decided to include all of you with the following information.  Never know
when there may be a shy guy/gal in the group who may have an interest.

The past five years, I've taken 2 capsules of Midrin plus 1 capsule of
a generic called Naproxen (Anaprox) beginning at the first signs of a
pending headache. I repeat with 1 Midrin in 1 or 2 hours if necessary.
(The key to success is to take both medications at the very first sign.)
The Naproxen (500 MG) can be repeated 8 hours later. But since I'm highly
sensitive to meds, I never usually have to repeat the Naproxen because my
headache usually is gone by then.

The only caution and warning I read about Naproxen is: "Do not take
Naproxen if you are alergic or sensitive to this drug, Aspirin, or other
NSAIDs (One of several nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used to reduce
inflammation, relieve pain, or reduce fever. All NSAIDs share the same
side effects and may be used by patients who cannot tolerate Aspirin.)
Naproxen may cause stomach ulcers. This drug should not be used by
patients with severe kidney or liver disease."

The only info I have on Midrin is that it is a brand-name drug containing
an analgesic and it's a sedative drug used for migraine.

As mentioned, I'm not a PWP.  However, the combination of these two
prescription drugs works for me.

Wishing you a "goodbye to headaches forever".

Clara Nistler 62
Gene Nistler 64/11