Betty,

Do you know why the  Paxil was prescribed?  Is your husband having
nighttime insomnia causing the daytime sleepiness?  Is he having
symptoms of depression? Sleepiness is a common symptom that many of us
PWP have. It may or may not be related to depression.  Paxil is an
antidepressant and usually prescribed for that purpose.  It takes at
least several weeks to work, but it is likely to relieve the sleepiness
significantly but only if that symptom is related to depression.  Unless
the depression is obvious (crying, suicidal thoughts etc.) it is
sometimes difficult to make the diagnosis.  Many of the symptoms of PD
overlap with those of depression such as sleep or appetite disturbance
loss of interest in things.  Also the mask-like face that many PWP have
can be read by others as indicating that someone is depressed.

Many individuals get a slight stimulating effect from Paxil and other
Seratonin drugs (SSRI) the majority are not affected either way and a
smaller percentage are sedated.

By all means call your husband's doctor tomorrow.  Whenever he starts a
new drug or changes doses the only way the MD will know whether there is
a problem is if you tell him.  If he doesn't have a mechanism of getting
your questions answered he is not doing his job.- And if you don't
notify him of something that seriously concerns you then you aren't
doing your job.  Be polite but persistent until you are certain that he
has taken your concern seriously.

Good luck.

Charlie

--