On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Nan Boswell wrote:

>  Because we are new to the list, is there a universal response from those of
> you on the drug as to how long the intro period should be and at what doses?
>  This could save a lot of adverse symptoms if so.

Hello Nan
Pharmacia & Upjohn, the maker of MIRAPEX, has distributed an information
sheet on Mirapex entitled _A Patient's Guide to Taking Mirapex Tablets for
Parkinson's Disease_.  They suggest the following dosage schedule:
Week 1  0.375 mg total daily dose
Week 2  0.75  mg
Week 3  1.5   mg
Week 4  2.25  mg
Week 5  3     mg
Week 6  3.75  mg
Week 7  4.5   mg total daily dose

I think it is important, notwithstanding the above, that you consult with
your neurologist regarding dosage.  I am in my 10th or 11th week and have
stabilized my daily dosage at 3.5 mg.

  Sid Roberts   67/dx3
  [log in to unmask]       Youngstown, Ohio