Janet, thanks for forwarding that information.  I am afraid that the "general
public" is more concerned with the harm and destruction done by addicts of
all kinds to innocent victims, than they are worried about how to treat the
addicts. If the addict just stays in his home and "enjoys" his addiction, we
want to just forget about him/her. When they go out and rob and kill others
to get money to feed the addiction
then, it's a different story.  The fact that the medical industries are such
a cash cow now, preempting them from being as concerned with human suffering
as they are with bolstering the bottom line numbers, just makes it worse.
 There must a way to reward industries for providing medical care and
medicines that are in the best interest of patient care,  short term, or
long.  When I buy stocks I try to look for companies that are socially
responsible. I would not buy a stock in a tobbaco company, especially one who
is also in the medical supply business, even if I could make a large return
on my investment.  Why would I want to support a product that is known to
cause cancer, addiction, and other conditions?  Ken B