Charlie:  Thank you so much for your comments.  I did not know that the FDA
had to approve anything crossing state lines, so semi-bought one dr.'s
twaddle about "poor quality control" on generics. I'm glad to have your
information -- it helps.  I did stand up to one dr. when he wanted to put me
on estrogen and I demanded to know what "compelling" reason there was for any
woman to take it.  He said, "osteoporosis."  I don't have it.  So I refused
to take estrogen and am doing just fine.  This man is a good dr., but it was
a jolt for me to see how routinely he prescribed estrogen.

I'm old enough (55) to remember when drs. made house calls, so I'm still
having a hard time taking charge of my own health care and my husband's.  It
just doesn't come naturally.  This List is a terrific help, though.

Thanks again.  Delda White ([log in to unmask]), CG Bob, 65/.75