Ida, John, and others: Tonight I watched a TV segment (20/20) about a little
girl who was born apparently normal, but at about 4 years started having
seizures about 150 times a day, they finally removed half of her brain, which
mostly cured the seizures, but paralyzed one side, and had many effects on
her thinking, etc. They showed her now, a teenager, walking, dancing and
making a's in school, with great encouragement from her parents, and extra
schooling, but now attends public school. SHe appears about 95% as a typical
normal teen. The doctors thought she would always be in a wheelchair and
 have limited mental capacity. The bottom line is that a persons attitude and
having a good caregiver can make the doctors wrong about predicting certain
aspects of every disease.  They even have people wake up in a morgue after
being pronounced dead, they get up and walk away.  I have seen people eat
large chunks of cheese and sausage and hot chili peppers, and even THEY can
survive...who knows how long, but just keep pushing along until there's
nothing left to push! Ken B