I was about to post this quote from "Dateline World Jewry," September,
1997, in hopes that I could learn more about it:

"A new drug for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, developed by a
research team from Rabin Medical Center-Beilinson Campus and Jerusalem's
Hebrew University is now in an advanced stage of testing at medical centers
in Israel.

"The drug is intended to become a possible alternative for those who have
been treated for a number of years for Parkinson's and who have reached a
stage at which the main drug currently administered - L-dopa - loses its
effectiveness."

Ron, you thought your clipping was obscure?  The two clippings are
obviously for the same product - and, yes, I'd like to know more about it too.

At 09:10 PM 10/4/97 -0400, ron d wrote:
>Dear Listmembers,
>
>A friend of mine gave me the following excerpt from a Jewish Newspaper.
>Anybody know anything about it:
>"The second major new drug slows the ravages of Parkinson's Disease, and
>may possibly halt it entirely if taken early enough.  Known as L-Dopa
>Ethyl Ester, it was developed at the Hebrew University and Rabin Medical
>Centre, as an alternative to L-Dopa, which loses it's effectiveness over
>the long term."
>
>Thank you.  [log in to unmask]

Or L-Dee-pa for short?

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness