Aan 21-9-97 5:06, [log in to unmask] schreef:

> Marvin
>
> The way you take meds. is unusual,indeed. You did not write why you chose not
> to be "on" all your waking hours. What happens if you are on during the
> evenings too.
> If you answer this I can't read it sooner than about a week from now, but I
> am
> sure more listmembers can give their reaction.
>                                     Ida Kamphuis 53/13
>

>  Giles <[log in to unmask]> schreef:
>
> > I've been diagnose for a bit over two years.
> > Because I work full time (8:30 - 6:30) I take
> > My meds mainly during those hours.
> > I have chosen not to attempt to be on 24 hours a day.

Thequestion is there a correct way ssems to be not a good queation,The qustion
what is for any pWP the correct way to use the medicines? can only be answered
after doing some tsting or some trial and error. For most people the sinemet
works most efficient, when it is spreadnas equally as possible durung the
waking hours. SOme people need also sinemet to be able to sleep. And some
patients (of which I am one have a better effect on symptoms when they are
durung every 24 hours a period wihout sinemet at all. So may be, tha way you
take them is for you the best, but having not tried other ways and having not
decided to do it, as you are doing it, nobody can ever be sure. To ay more
about probabilitiers it would be helpfull to make a rapport about when you take
which medicines nd when you have which symptoms. Even if you knowyou don't want
to change your med regime it makes sense te learn to feel what symptoms are an
indication of momntarily being over-orunderdosed orr underosed. Because your
need for sinemet will change on a moment. This moment can be much easier when
you have already the capicity to recognise symptoms in their very first stages.
But the most probable effect of not to have experimented with meds seems to be
yuo don't have the optimal dosis. ANd that means you are running the risque of
having more symptoms than you could have.
                                Ida Kamphuis 53\13