I'm also a new subscriber for my husband, John, 63/3 and am thrilled to have
found this resource.  We live in Virginia and John is still able to work as a
builder.  His neuro says he is still in the early stages of PD as his
symptoms are micrographia (right hand), which has gradually worsened to the
point of difficulty in using that hand even to eat, and extreme pain and
sometimes cramping in the right arm and wrist.  He has been on 5 mg
Selegiline twice/day for the three yrs.  Just today the neuro has added
Mirapex with gradual dosing.

I see several posts about difficulties some of you are having with this drug
and will continue to watch both John's reaction as well as future posts.
 Because we are new to the list, is there a universal response from those of
you on the drug as to how long the intro period should be and at what doses?
 This could save a lot of adverse symptoms if so.

Also, are there meds or exercises for this constant pain in the right arm and
occassional crippling cramping of the wrist?  The neuro is baffled.  Aleve
helps somewhat, but certainly not enough.

Thanks for any advice and input that you'll might have.  It's good to be
here!

Nan Boswell - not a caretaker yet!